2020/2021 OPEN ENROLLMENT!
June 22 – July 22, 2020 – see announcement
Open enrollment will be held from June 22, 2020 through July 22, 2020.
If you are unable to apply during the days and times listed, contact the PHCC office and we will try to accommodate an appointment for you (appointment must be between June 22, 2020 and July 22, 2020). Contact our office to schedule.
Applications taken by appointment only, no walk-ins! Call (702) 252-0166 to schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must apply in person at the above listed location. Applicants must complete a basic aptitude exam at the time of application.
Please bring the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Diploma or G.E.D.
- Social Security Card
- Valid Nevada picture I.D.
- Military DD form 214, if applicable
- Documentation of reference and/or past experience, if applicable
- Documentation of experience with an accredited training program, if applicable
US Military Veterans: Our program is approved for the use of VA Education Benefits. *Dependent on eligibility.
All required information necessary to complete the application must be submitted to the Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors of Nevada Education Foundation office no later than July 22, 2020.
HOURLY WAGE RATE:
The starting wage for First Year Apprentices is $14.38 per hour (minimum) (subject to change)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE TRADE:
Apprentices shall be under supervision of a qualified journeyman. The trade requires physical effort on the part of the apprentice to undergo climbing, crawling, pulling, lifting, crouching, and working in cramped quarters. Mechanical ability and finger dexterity are very essential. Depending on the job, the work may be performed either indoors or outdoors, with the major portion of the work outdoors in semi-sheltered or unfinished buildings or in deep ditches and on scaffolding.
SEASONAL WORK, SUBJECT TO WEATHER AND ECONOMIC CONDITIONS
- Age: Must be at least 17 years of age at time of application and 18 years of age at time of selection. Birth Certificate required.
- Education: Must be a high school graduate or hold a High School Proficiency Certificate or have an acceptable G.E.D. Certificate.
- Aptitude: Must successfully complete a basic aptitude exam.
- Oral Interview: Must successfully complete an oral interview administered by the PHCC-NV Education Foundation.
- Physical: Applicants must be of such physical condition as to not place self or future co-workers in jeopardy.
- Random Drug Testing Negative test results on an annual basis.
- Transportation Must have reliable personal transportation.
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP:
The term of apprenticeship for this trade is four (4) years of on-the-job training, which shall include four (4) years of night school. Attendance at class sessions is mandatory and takes place two (2) evenings per week as mandated by the PHCC-NV Education Foundation.
Applicants will be notified by email only as to the time and location of the oral interview, which is to be conducted by the JATC. Failure to appear for the oral interview will constitute just cause to void the application.
The PHCC-NV Education Foundation admits students of any race, color, religion, national and ethnical origin, sex, sexual orientation, age (40 or older), genetic information or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national and ethnical origin, sex, sexual orientation, age (40 or older), genetic information or disability in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs.
Plumbing Heating-Cooling Contractors of Nevada, Education Foundation
Phone: (702) 252-0166 www.phccnv.com