About the Program
The Apprentice Program is designed to provide professional training, guidance and experience to aspiring contractors.
Watch this space for announcements about the next annual Apprentice Program enrollment.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply in person during open enrollment. Applicants must complete a basic math exam at the time of application. Please bring the following documents:
- Valid Nevada picture I.D.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Diploma or G.E.D.
- Military DD form 214, if applicable
- Documentation of reference and/or past experience
- Documentation of experience with an accredited training program, if applicable
All required information necessary to complete the application must be submitted to the Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors of Nevada Education Foundation office.
The starting wage for First Year Apprentices is $14.00 per hour (minimum).
Characteristics of the Trade
Apprentices shall be under supervision of a qualified journeyman. The trade requires physical effort on the part of the apprentice to undergo climbing, crawling, pulling, lifting, crouching and working in cramped quarters. Mechanical ability and finger dexterity are very essential. Depending on the job, the work may be performed either indoors or outdoors, with the major portion of the work outdoors in semi-sheltered or unfinished buildings or in deep ditches and on scaffolding.
- Must be at least 18 years of age – birth certificate required.
- Education – Must be a high school graduate or hold a High School Proficiency Certificate or have an
acceptable G.E.D. Certificate.
- Basic Math – Must successfully complete a basic math exam.
- Oral Interview – Must successfully complete an oral interview administered by the PHCC-NV Education
- Physical – Applicants must be of such physical condition as to not place self or future co-workers in
jeopardy. Should a question arise as to the physical condition of an applicant prior to
selection as a probationary apprentice, applicant may be required to pass a physical
examination prescribed by the PHCC-NV Education Foundation
- Seasonal Work – subject to weather and economic conditions
- Random Drug Testing – negative test results on an ongoing basis.
- Must have Reliable Transportation
Length of Apprenticeship
The term of apprenticeship for this trade is four (4) years of on-the-job training, which shall include four (4) years of night school. Attendance at class sessions is mandatory and takes place two (2) evenings per week as mandated by the PHCC-NV Education Foundation.
Applicants will be notified at the time they complete the application process as to the time and location of the oral interview, which is to be conducted by the JATC. Failure to appear for the oral interview will constitute just cause to void the application.
The PHCC-NV Education Foundation admits students of any race, color, national and ethical origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs.
For More Information…
Or to be updated when we open enrollment for our next program, please complete the form below.